Diablo 4’s big announcement this BlizzCon was a new Vessel of Hatred expansion, but in the more immediate future, the game is about to patch in five new legendaries to hunt as of Tuesday, November 7.
These aren’t just any legendaries, however, this is drawing on something the Diablo 4 team said a while ago, that specialized seasonal powers may end up permanently added to the game if they’re fun and balanced enough. Now, that’s what’s happened, as Season 1’s Malignant Hearts are returning in the form of Malignant Rings.
While Malignant Hearts brought loads of different powers to the game, this is sort of a curated, refined version of some of the class favorites. So that has left us with:
- Rogue, Writhing Band of Trickery – Casting a Subterfuge Skill leaves behind a Decoy Trap that continuously Taunts and lures enemies. The Decoy Trap explodes after 3 seconds dealing (5,500-8,300) Shadow damage. Can occur every 12 seconds.
- Sorcerer, Tal Rasha’s Iridescent Loop – For each type of Elemental damage you deal, gain (10-14%) increased damage for four seconds. Dealing Elemental damage refreshes all bonuses.
- Barbarian, Ring of Red Furor – After spending 100 Fury within 3 seconds, your next cast of Hammer of the Ancients, Upheaval or Death Blow is a guaranteed Critical Strike and deals (10-30%) bonus Critical Strike damage.
- Druid, Airidah’s Inexorable Will – When casting an Ultimate Skill and again 5 seconds after, you pull in Distant enemies and deal (1,300-2,700) Physical damage to them. The damage is increased by 1.0%x per 1 point of Willpower you have.
- Necromancer, Ring of the Sacrilegious Soul – You automatically activate the following equipped skills on Corpses around you: Raise Skeleton every (2-1) seconds, Corpse explosion every (2-1) seconds, Corpse Tendrils ever (16-8) seconds.
So most of these are uh, extremely good. Many of them were some of the most-used powers last season. I only played Necromancer then, but the automatic deployment of Corpse skills without needing to do anything was a godsend, and this would be a must-use for me.
You will be farming these from new endgame boss Varshan the Consumed, the one you fight at the Tree of Whispers. And they are not seasonal, they will be in any eternal or seasonal realm going forward. No we can guess that perhaps a few of the Vampiric powers may end up in the game next season, as they really seem like they’re meant to be a testing ground for new unique rewards. Get ready to farm after the patch on Tuesday.